Pages

Friday 10 January 2014

Unfinished Projects, I Have Too Many


 A whole new year and usually a whole new list of things to do. Not me, not this year.

This year my one and only resolution is to complete the many projects i started last year (or years before). What better way than to write it all down here and now and count my final score at the end of the year?






So here goes, the list of unfinished and some ongoing projects for 2014...
1. Mac & Ink blog - Ink and I have been wanting to start this blog for some time and we did last year. This year, we will hopefully be able to put up more posts periodically.
2. The 'sakura' jigsaw puzzle (for my mother in law) - I'm ashamed to say I started this in 2011. My mother in law bought a jigsaw puzzle she liked while on holiday in Japan and I offered to assemble it for her. It turned out to be a difficult puzzle and its's been tucked away for over a year now. Time to bring it out and finish it. Hopefully I'll be able to complete it by March in time for her birthday.
3. 'Van Gogh's Starry Nigh Over The Rhone' jigsaw puzzle - If the 'sakura' puzzle was bad, this one is absolutely embarrassing. My pride and joy carted home all the way from the Lourve back in year 2004, I was so excited when I started the puzzle. It's 2014 now,10 years!!!! Writing this now, I myself am shocked. I never realized its been so long. I'm not even sure if some pieces of the puzzle have gone missing over the years. Well, I'll know when I finish.
4. 'Counting sheep' baby blanket - I started crocheting a baby blanket when I found out I was pregnant. My daughter is over a year old now. I'm not even sure the blanket will be big enough for her by the time I finish.
5. 'Flower motif' throw - One of my fantastic girlfriends sent me beautiful skeins of yarn from Australia as a post baby present. I started to crochet a throw. Time to finish it.
6. Baby mini album - I started to put together a baby mini album while I was pregnant. It was supposed to journal baby's first year. Time to get a move on.
7. Vintage mini album - Another project of mine when I was pregnant. The base of the album is complete really, but the contents and finishing touches have yet to go in.
8. Get the new house ready - The goal is to move in to the new house of course. However, not an easy feat. Planning, designing and overseeing the renovation of the new place is taxing. I sometimes wonder if I should have engaged the expertise of an interior designer.


Phew...eight items, a seemingly short list. But full challenging and time consuming projects. Fingers crossed I'll score eight out of eight come the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment