Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

Bad Hair Year - Part3: L'occitane Soothing Shampoo and Conditioner Review

Two shampoos into my bad hair year but I still had not found one that really helped. By this point, the hair loss had eased a tiny bit but the itching and flaking continued. A very dear friend who knew about my hair woes promptly went and bought me the L'occitane Soothing Shampoo and Conditioner to try. (Thank you so much dearie!). There were many great reviews on this product range and I was thrilled to have received this wonderful gift.



Shampoo description:
"Formulated with a natural origin vegetable complex of 5 essential oils, this shampoo helps soothe sensitive or irritated scalp. It also adds a genuine softness to hair, delicately cleanses and purifies the scalp and immediately eases irritations and aggressions. The scalp returns to a healthy and comfortable state, for stronger, beautiful hair"








Conditioner description:
"Formulated with a natural origin vegetable complex of 5 essential oils (chamomile, mandarin, cedar, basil, and lemongrass) and sweet almond oil, this conditioner helps soothe sensitive or irritated scalp. It immediately eases irritations and aggressions and helps to protect the scalp against the damaging effects of environmental stresses. Hair is detangled, soft and shiny"





My verdict:

Like all L'occitane products the scent of the shampoo and conditioner were heavenly. It felt calming and soothing every time I washed my hair and inhaled the delicious scent of the essential oils. In my book when it comes to scent, this reigns champion. Apart from having to use a slightly generous amount of shampoo to work up a good lather, both shampoo and conditioner worked well, leaving my hair feeling wonderfully clean, soft and light. However, in terms of helping the scalp and immediately easing irritations and aggressions, they did nothing for me. The itching and flaking so frustratingly continued on and so did my search for a shampoo just right for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment