Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

A Little Party

If you follow me on Pinterest, you'd know that I've been looking for inspiration for my outfit to a Great Gatsby-themed party. 

Invitation for great Gatsby party! Having a Great Gatsby movie night tonight with take out :)
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/126593439499140406/
Being rather time-poor in addition to my baseline laziness, research consisted of Pinterest and YouTube.
And no, I've never seen the movie. Or read/seen/heard the story in any form except for the Wikipedia summary. Go ahead, gasp.

So here's the Pinterest board. Once I started, though, I couldn't stop. Who can resist shiny stuff??? I love the dresses!



At Party-8days I'd still yet to figure out how I'm going to find a dress that fit the theme, and didn't make me look like a big round disco ball. And also preferably, not pay a bomb it. And also not spend hours and hours going to various malls to look for it.

So after work, Seoky and I were on a mission - find me this dress that fit the theme, wasn't too expensive, and could be found before Kenny joined us for dinner.

Ta-daa!


Shiny. Check.
Lace. Check.
Fit me. Check.
Below RM 100. Surprisingly, check!
Did Mac ask me to get her one as well? [my usual benchmark for whether something looks grownup/dressy enough]. Check.

Paired with a pearl necklace, and I was pretty much done!
Except that I hadn't thought about what to do with my hair. That's usually a big problem for me - short of lots and lots and I mean lots of heat and so much hairspray it could freeze a bear in its tracks, my hair doesn't stay curled or styled. Ever. 

At this point I'm at Party-5 days and strongly debating if I should bother with those elastic hairband things that are more on-theme, but never seem to stay put when I wear them, or a regular hairband. 

Was about to give up after shopping all afternoon, being distracted (and tempted) by loads of other cute hairbands that didn't really fit the theme.
Then I finally decided to take a walk around the department store while my shopping buddy was trying on more dresses. Up the escalator, passing the kids section...and I found it!

Yes, in the kids section.



No comments:

Post a Comment