Pages

Saturday 25 July 2015

Rooftop Patio Moodboard


I've fallen into a good weekend routine, waking up at the crack of dawn for a peaceful yet invigorating session of yoga on my rooftop patio.

At first light, I lay out my yoga mat, light the candle of my aromatherapy oil burner, prop my laptop on a little stool, click play and follow along the yoga routine. I see neighbors leave for their morning walks or take their bicycles out just before I go into savasana and the newspaper man would have just completed his deliveries by the time I finish. Its a beautiful way to start the morning...

However, the rooftop patio is now bare and  I so yearn to turn the stark empty space into an inviting and tranquil garden for relaxation. Although this is probably the last area of the house the hubby and I planned to take on (I still have bare bathrooms and a very disorganized laundry/utility room among otheres), I couldn't help myself from planning out what I'd like the space to look like.

My vision... a space with contemporary mix of black iron and wood, lots of greenery, a water feature, comfortable chairs to lounge on and lanterns filled with scented candles.


No comments:

Post a Comment