Pages

Thursday 4 June 2015

Mac's Kitchen Cheat Sheet : Quick & Easy Herbal Chicken

I remember my school days when my grandmother would make me drink Chinese herbal soups for my well being or to improve my mental alertness blah, blah, blah…how I hated them. I used to hold my breath, gulp down the horrid smelling (and sometimes black, evil looking) brews as fast as I could and then pop a mint into my mouth after to get rid of the bitter aftertaste. 

Those episodes have definitely influenced my taste buds because today I often cook them for myself, with an easy modern twist of course! One of my favourites is this super easy herbal chicken. Here's the cheat...

Ingredients:
  • 1 bottle of essence of chicken
  • 1 chicken thigh
  • 1 teaspoon Goji Berries
  • 1 or 2 small slices of ginseng
  • salt and pepper 

Method:
  1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. I tend to use quite a generous amount of pepper as I like the peppery taste.
  2. Place in a plate and pour in the essence of chicken.
  3. Add in a teaspoon of Goji Berries.
  4. Add in the slices of ginseng (optional for extra oomph)
  5. Steam for about 30 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken thigh) until the chicken is cooked.
  6. Serve with hot steamed rice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment