Pages

Sunday 27 July 2014

Bad Hair Year - Part 4: Shiseido Fuente Forte Scalp Care Shampoo


Having not much success from the past 3 shampoos I tried (from Kheils, Burt's Bees and L'occitane) to fix my post-natal hair loss and itchy, flaky scalp, I was desperate to find one shampoo that would work for me. So when my hair stylist recommended the Shiseido Fuente Forte Scalp Care shampoo, I said "yes"immediately. At that time I was about ten months post delivery. The itching and flaking had gotten worse and I found myself having to dust off the flakes on my shoulders ever so often. Honestly it had gotten embarrassing and I had hoped that this shampoo would be the solution.


https://image-products.vanitytrove.com/3c/3d59c1f15e55b5c6f3a46c0fbd8d94/Shiseido-professional-the-hair-care-fuente-forteshampoo.jpg


Description:
Eliminates sebum and impurities that cause scalp problems, leaving hair and the scalp clean, while maintaining moisture.

[*This was the only description I could find on the shampoo but hey all I read from that was "eliminate scalp problems, leave scalp clean".
I was sold]












My verdict:
Like a lot of Shiseido hair and body products I have used, I can only describe the scent as fresh and green with a tinge of a herbal smell. Wasn't crazy about the scent but did not dislike it either. The shampoo lathers very well with just a small amount. What I didn't quite like was that there was no conditioner in the same product range. The other 2 products in the range are a scalp treatment and a scalp serum. The stylist recommended that this shampoo not be used on a daily basis so I alternated it with the mud shampoo from Seacret (More about that in part 5). And for the most important part, did it help with the itching and flaking? Sadly, the answer is no. I really didn't feel the shampoo make a difference for my scalp. Second strike on scalp care shampoos. They just don't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment