Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Bad Hair Year - Part2: Burt's Bees Pomegranate Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner Review

After having the Kheil's shampoo work not so well for me, I went on to try yet another volumizing shampoo. This time I picked up Burt's Bees Very Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner with Pomegranate. Again, great reviews online. I know volumizing does not equal hair thickening but I was willing to try anything to ensure my hair loss didn't become too apparent. 



Shampoo description: 
99.6% Natural
Turn up the volume and body of your hair with our Very volumizing shampoo. This gentle shampoo easily rinses and adds super shine while leaving your hair feeling thicker and looking oh-so fuller. Formulated with antioxidant-rich pomegranate seed oil and jojoba protein, a natural moisturizer. It’s the nourishing shampoo that gives you beauty-FULL healthy looking hair.
      • Moisturizes with pomegranate seed oil and jojoba protein
      • Add shines to hair
      • Smoothes and reduces frizz
      • Sulfate-Free






Conditioner description:
98.8% Natural
Show your hair how much you care when you naturally boost its volume with our Very Volumizing Conditioner. Lightweight and amino acid-rich, this gentle conditioner not only rinses easily but also leaves your hair looking fuller and feeling thoroughly thicker. Formulated with nourishing pomegranate seed and avocado oils, it helps detangle while adding softness and body every time you use it

      • Nourishes with pomegranate seed and avocado oils
      • Rinses easily and detangles
      • Adds volume and body to hair
      • Leaves hair looking beautiful and healthy
      • Sulfate-Free



My verdict:

Being sensitive to smell, the scent of the shampoo is usually the first thing I notice. This was not love at first sight (first smell in this case). I initially thought it to be a bit weird. I could smell the pomegranate but it was very faint and muted. I kind of wanted the scent to be a stronger. I guess being 99.6% natural there is no added perfume. Certainly different from what I'm normally used to where the scent jumps right at you and is an onslaught to the senses. In the conditioner however, I thought the scent was a bit stronger.

However, as I used the shampoo again and again, I got used to it and began to really love it. Both shampoo and conditioner were lovely. They helped with volume and my hair felt great overall. Also rather surprisingly, itchiness of my scalp reduced a bit although the flaking did not stop all together.  

I finished the set and have kept both the empty bottles.  I definitely plan on buying the Pomegranate Shampoo and Conditioner again and will return empty bottles to Burt's Bees to get a discount the next purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment