Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

Make It Yourself (and in this case...Myself)

There is no doubt that "picky" is my middle name. Strange as it sounds, I've just been unable to find the perfect throw pillows for my living sofa. All I wanted were two pairs of throw pillows with geometric patterns in a soothing neutral colour. They would have to be cotton of course, soft and comfortable enough to hug and put my face on. But it has just been one thing of another, wrong design/pattern, wrong size, wrong material, wrong colour, wrong price...oh don't even get me started on the price...70+ Ringgit for a throw pillow? I think not!

Photo & design by Ink

I ended up making my own. It was a bit a an accident really....I chanced upon this great light brown upholstery grade cotton fabric (love the fabric) with the simple chequered pattern I wanted, bought a meter of the fabric and went to work making my own pillow. It turned out surprisingly well and I bought more fabric in a different pattern, this time the octagons, and made more.
 


 Here they are on my sofa. A simple layered neutral look for the apartment living room.

 

Then mum saw the pillows and requested for them in red. I was glad they turned out nice as well. She particularly loves the octagons. I know what pillows I'll be having on my sofa next Chinese New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment